Sunday 24 June 2012

My Wedding Dress Try-On's!

About 2 weeks after we got from Paris and after our amazing engagement, me, my mum, my sister and my best friend Tom decided to go wedding dress shopping, to mainly try some styles and see what suited me. 

The first shop I went in to, I tried on about five. They were quite funny about us taking photos, so we couldn't take many. 

It's always good to try different styles because the ones that I thought looked gorgeous on the hangers were not as lush as I expected when I actually tried them on. Take this one for example:


As you can see, not a very impressed bride to be!

I then tried on a lovely dress by Sophia Tolli, which was the only one that I tried on that I though 'ooh, this could be the one'.




This is what the dress looks like on the model from the website:


It was really quite funny, because my mum kept going on and on at me about lace dresses and I always thought they were old fashioned and not my style at all. When we went into the other bridal store, she literally begged me to try on this dress and when I did, I nearly cried. It was the 'one' as soon as I saw myself in the mirror I thought, oh this is the one I'm going to marry my fiance in!

It is from the 2012 Phil Collins Bridal range - PC1925 - look it up, it is so flattering. I felt like a princess. I could see me walking down the aisle and meeting my husband to be at the end, which was the feeling I hadn't got from all of the previous dresses.

The dress is £975 from our local bridal boutique. As I am getting married in 2014, money allowing, I think it is a little too soon just yet to buy it, I am hoping that I might be able to get it when it goes on sale as it is from the 2012 collection, so in 2013 it might be out of season and be cheaper (wishful thinking!). But literally every dress I have been looking at I have been comparing to this one, so I really do think this is the 'one'. 

EDITED: Since this post, I have removed the picture of me in my actual dress because felt I was tempting fate and already had a few close calls with my fiancee nearly seeing me in it. Email me at illbehismrs@hotmail.com and I can show you if you ask nicely :) Also, I did buy the dress!! I bought it on sale and got it for £525, bargain! It just shows waiting a few months and keeping an eye on it really pays off!




No comments:

Post a Comment